Corona precousions Doc Haanstra
For your and our safety, we want to limit the chance to spread the coronavirus / COVID-19. We therefore take several precousions. General precousions at all locations are:
- ACCESS ONLY BY APPOINTMENT
- USE OF FACE MASK IS MANDATORY
- COME ALONE
- ENTER ONLY 5 MINUTES BEFORE APPOINTMENT
- DO NOT COME WITH A COLD OR A FEVER
- DO NOT COME IF THERE IS REASON FOR QUARANTINE AT HOME
- KEEP 1.5 M DISTANCE
A complete overview of the precousions can be found in this document.
At present it is not yet clear when GPs will start vaccinating. This depends on vaccine approval and delivery. If you are eligible for a vaccination by a general practitioner, you will receive an invitation from us. Within the practice we are ready to be able to switch quickly if more is clear.
If you have any questions about the vaccin, side effects, safety, etc., please call the national information number: 0800-1351. You will also find more information on the website of the Dutch government: vaccinatie tegen het coronavirus
Declaration of dispensation from mouth masks
From December 1, it is mandatory for everyone (aged 13 and older) to wear a mouth mask in public buildings. This obligation does not apply to people who cannot wear a mouth mask due to illness or disability. This includes;
- People with severe lung disease
- People who get very confused by wearing a mouth mask. For example due to an intellectual disability or mental illness.
- People with a facial condition that makes it impossible to wear a mouth mask.
If it is not possible to wear a mouth mask, it is preferable to find another solution. For example, the use of a faceshield. The cabinet has asked inspectors to “deal reasonably” with this.
Contrary to reports from the government, general practitioners are not allowed to provide their own patients with a medical certificate to obtain an exemption for wearing a mouth mask. This would put too much pressure on the relationship between doctor and patient. These statements are therefore NOT provided from Doc Haanstra.
You can, however, print this statement and carry it with you. If desired, this can be combined with show the medication you are taking to the inspector.
Other questions regarding corona
The Doc has made an overview of the most frequently asked questions regarding Corona. The following questions are addressed:
- When and how can I get tested?
- Will the doctor call me if I have been tested positive?
- What can you do with common complaints with Corona?
- Can I go to the doctor if I have Corona?
- How do I avoid getting Corona?
- What should I do if my housemate is ill?
You can read all questions and the answers in this overview.
When should I contact the general practitioner?
In the following situations you should contact us:
- You have been getting sicker over the past few days
- You are breathing more rapidly or more difficult (for example whilst walking)
- You have a fever for more than 3 days (38◦C or up)
- You are over 70 years old, have a chronic disease or a weak immune system AND you get a fever
Preferably call us between 11.00 and 12.00 during our telephone consultation hour (option 6 in the menu). You will immediately be calling with a doctor. Are you worried and your question cannot wait until the telephone consultation hour? Please call the assistant (option 5 in the menu). Do not come to the practice without consultation over the phone first!
In case the practice is closed, please contact the general practitioners office HADOKS through 070-3469669